Westside Housing Organization is proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo, NeighborWorks® America and Beyond Housing. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
Registration is full for the Kansas City NeighborhoodLIFT Launch Event. Walk-ins are welcome as long as funds are available. Come and meet with a professional to determine eligibility for a NeighborhoodLIFT reservation of $15,000 ($17,500 if you qualify for the First Responder, Military & Teacher benefit).
Admission is Free.
Free parking will be available.
Kansas City Area
Friday, July 27, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 28, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties ($17,500 for veterans and service members, teachers, law enforcement officers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians Click Here for more information).
- Provides homebuyer education that will prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Borrowers’ annual income in combination with household size must be at or below the income limits set for the program in the Kansas City area. Income limits are higher for military service members, veterans, law enforcement officers, Pre-K through 12th-grade teachers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians. View Income Limits View First Responder, Military & Teacher Benefit Information
- Properties qualified for the program must be:
- Located in Clay, Jackson or Cass County. Link to Map
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
- A single-family home (attached or detached), 2-4 unit home, condominium, townhome, PUD, co-op, land trust or qualified manufactured home
NOTE: No closings may take place before August 27, 2018.
At the Launch Event You Can:
- Meet with a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Consultant to qualify for a first mortgage if you choose.
- Bring a pre-approval letter from any lender, although to receive NeighborhoodLIFT funds you must be approved by a lender on the approved lender list prior to closing. View the Lender List
- Find out if you are eligible for $15,000 of down payment assistance on qualified properties ($17,500 if you qualify for the First-Responder, Military & Teacher benefit).
- Sign up for education programs that can prepare you for finding and financing a home and managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership. View List of Home Buyer Education Programs
Required Documents for All Attendees:
ALL attendees, those who want to seek pre-approval from Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, those who bring a pre-approval from an approved lender and those who bring a pre-approval from other lenders, must bring the following documents for each borrower:
- Gross income amount for borrowers, including primary, second and part-time jobs, as well as overtime, bonuses and commissions
- 60 days’ pay stubs with year-to-date information for all jobs
- Proof of any and all other income received, such as Social Security Award letter, retirement and/or pension income, unemployment income, death or disability payments, divorce/court decree for alimony and/or child support, etc.
- Federal tax returns for the past two years (1040s)
- W-2s for the past two years
- Recent two (2) months of personal bank statements; self-employed applicants should also bring recent two (2) months of business bank statements
- Current Profit and Loss Statement for self-employed individuals
Note: If you have a fully executed sale agreement on a home, please bring it with you.
If you plan to meet with a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Consultant to seek pre-approval for a mortgage, you should bring these documents.
NOTE: The documents required for determining NeighborhoodLIFT eligibility and for qualifying for a Wells Fargo pre-approval are NOT the same. Please be sure to review both lists.
Not able to attend the launch event on July 27-28? Check back here to see if funds are still available after the event. Contact Westside Housing for questions about NeighborhoodLIFT at email@example.com or call us at 816-892-9189
If you have additional questions, Visit Our FAQ Page