Westside Housing -
40 Years of Rebuilding Community
Westside Housing was founded in 1973 and is the only community development corporation in Kansas City, Missouri that includes a significant focus on serving the Latino community. WHO has served residents of the Westside and affiliated neighborhoods with direct investment of more than $39 million dollars through the following key program areas:
- Quality housing and real estate development that creates housing and economic development opportunities in diverse neighborhoods.
- Property and asset management that provides affordable housing opportunities for working families.
- Community services and organizing with a focus on safety and block-level goal setting, where residents take charge and create sustainable change on their own streets.
- Homeowner resources that help individuals make needed improvements to their homes.
Do you need help with a remodel, rehab or new construction? Westside Housing is your construction partner! Click Here for more information
Westside Housing has 40 years of experience building and rehabbing homes in the surrounding neighborhoods. Let us use our knowledge and experience to make your dream project a reality. Please contact Marlene Dade, Construction Project Manager, or Veronica Paez, Real Estate Program Coordinator, at 816-221-0286 for details.
Current Westside Housing projects include:
- West Switzer Development Project - Click Here for more information
Westside Housing is requesting RFP's for the Planning Sustainable Places Program - click here to see the RFP
- Energy Enhancements to all Multi-Family Properties and Firehouse
- Minor Home Repair
- RAMP Program
Westside Housing is soliciting bids from qualified contractors! Click Here to get a list of upcoming Contractor Bids
Home Buyers - Westside Housing is now offering the 8 hour HUD required home buyer education course online! Click Here to go to the ehome website and start your training!
For additional information, please contact Westside Housing Executive Director Gloria Ortiz-Fisher at 816-421-8048.
Westside Housing believes that our original neighborhoods deserve to be restored with equity and justice, and in a manner that honors the unique identity of each community we serve. Homes that are not only healthy and safe, but also green and energy efficient create the foundation for truly affordable and resilient communities. Ultimately, the success of our city depends on the strength and vibrancy of our workforce neighborhoods.
Westside Housing's mission is to build robust sustainable communities. We work with residents, local businesses and key stakeholders to rebuild neighborhoods so they are safe, affordable and healthy places where diverse people want to live, work and play. Westside Housing demonstrates the principles of sustainability in all lines of business and the communities we serve.