To learn about Westside Housing Organization, who we are and what we do, watch this video.
Westside Housing celebrates 40 years of building community!
Thanks to everyone for making our anniversary celebration a great success. Click here for sponsor information.
Westside Housing was founded in 1973 and is the only community development corporation in Kansas City, Missouri that includes a significant focus on serving the Latino community. WHO has served residents of the Westside and affiliated neighborhoods with direct investment of more than $39 million dollars through the following key program areas:
- Quality housing and real estate development that creates housing and economic development opportunities in diverse neighborhoods.
- Property and asset management that provides affordable housing opportunities for working families.
- Community services and organizing with a focus on safety and block-level goal setting, where residents take charge and create sustainable change on their own streets.
- Homeowner resources that help individuals make needed improvements to their homes.
Westside Housing is your partner for remodels, rehab, or new construction! Click the pictures for more information.
Westside Housing has 40 years of experience building and rehabbing homes in the surrounding neighborhoods. Let us use our knowledge and experience to make your dream project a reality. Please contact Marlene Dade, Construction Project Manager, at 816-221-0286 for details.
Current Westside Housing projects include:
- West Switzer Development Project - Click here for more information.
Westside Housing is requesting RFPs for the Planning Sustainable Places Program - click here to see the RFP.
- Energy Enhancements to all Multi-Family Properties and Firehouse
- Minor Home Repair
- RAMP Program
Get your required homeowner education!
Westside Housing is now offering the required 8-hour HUD home buyer education course online! Click here to go to the eHome website and start your training!
For additional information, please contact Westside Housing Executive Director Gloria Ortiz-Fisher at 816-421-8048.
Westside Housing believes that our original neighborhoods deserve to be restored with equity and justice, and in a manner that honors the unique identity of each community we serve. Homes that are not only healthy and safe, but also green and energy efficient create the foundation for truly affordable and resilient communities. Ultimately, the success of our city depends on the strength and vibrancy of our workforce neighborhoods.
Westside Housing's mission is to build robust sustainable communities. We work with residents, local businesses and key stakeholders to rebuild neighborhoods so they are safe, affordable and healthy places where diverse people want to live, work and play. Westside Housing demonstrates the principles of sustainability in all lines of business and the communities we serve.